MRX Software's Network Morse Trainer is an application designed to teach a course of students the language of Morse Code. The software is specifically designed to be used in a "Classroom" style training environment, where an Instructor will oversee the progress of the students. The instructor can control and monitor all aspects of the students progression for Morse Code receive and transmit. The Network Morse Trainer contains specialised tools to teach those with no previous knowledge of Morse Code, and others features that will challenge the most advanced users.
MRX Network Morse Trainer contains everything you need to learn Morse Code the correct way! All MRX Morse Code training software has been designed in accordance with the 'Principles of Adult Learning', a methodology associated with teaching adults new skills.
These principles suggest that:
This is probably why you will find learning morse code is more rewarding with MRX. In fact an Australian Army study of MRX Morse Code software in comparison to audio tape based training methods concluded that:
"The results of the pilot study suggest that MRX Morse Code provides students with a firm understanding of morse foundations. The superior accuracy scores of these students show that they have a better understanding of morse code and as such are better equipped to progress to the higher speeds."
Which means MRX Network Morse Training software won't compromise your ability through poor training techniques.
MRX Network Morse Trainer comes equipped with all the tools you need to start an effective Morse Code training course. This is because MRX Network Morse Trainer was designed by Morse Code Instructors with over 20 years experience in Morse Code communications.
MRX Administration is the heart of the Network Training programme. It has the power to control every aspect of a students morse code progression. Teaching a group of students the language of Morse Code can really load down the Instructional staff... some students progress at a tremendous pace, while some struggle. MRX Administration lightens the instructional load by letting you group students of similar ability together - so they can be administered as one. Or use the Automatic Progression feature that automatically increments the training difficulty as students improve. Combine this with additional features like automatic lesson sequencing and results grading and you can see why MRX Administration puts you firmly in the drivers seat...
- Control of environmental settings like background noise and morse quality
- Control of attributes for Morse Transmit and Receive, including morse speed, what text is sounded, when the student can start and what tools a student can use.
- Status display that keeps you informed of the work each student is doing.
- Results display of any student, includes recent or detailed displays,
- Pasword protection to prevent student access.
- Comprehensive online help.
- Explorer to manage students and files.
MRX Morse Code
MRX Morse Code is feature packed with all the tools a student will ever need to learn morse code. Tools to teach morse include:
- Morse Keyboard Trainer to teach type written morse code.
- Voice Morse Trainer to teach hand written morse code.
- Morse Transmit Trainer to teach morse transmit.
- Morse Practice facility to practice keyboard morse, voice morse or morse transmit.
- Morse Receive facility to sound advanced morse speeds.
- Morse Transmit facility to advance morse transmit skills.
Some of the Morse Code facilities accessed from MRX Morse Code.
- Login and password protection to ensure the integrity of student work.
- Anti cheating features like reporting of workstation and student name on all results.
- Automatic marking (correction) of Type written Morse Code and Morse Transmit.
- Voice marker to read out master for Hand Written morse.
- Automatic lesson progression based on students ability.
- Supports external Manual Morse key or Iambic key from Serial Port or Joystick Port.
- Simulation of HF background noise.
- Simulation of Manual Morse sending.
- Sounds Morse Code from 5 to 100 wpm.
- Independantly adjustable Morse Character speed, Inter-character Delay and Inter-word Delay.
- Controllable User Interface to prevent access to non-required facilities
Morse File Generation
Generate files to use with MRX Morse Code.
- Capability to generate files of random letters, figures, punctuation or plain text words.
- Generate hundreds of files in a few seconds.
- Supports randomised preamble and postamble.
- Supports embedded attributes for advanced morse sounding features.
Morse Library Editor
Create and edit morse symbols used by MRX Network Morse Trainer.
- Phonetic word association with letter.
- Alternate response - eg. fullstop . or AAA
Morse Schedule Editor
Create and edit sked files to sound with MRX Morse Code. These files simulate morse code communications between multiple radio stations.
- Embedded attributes to set sounding speed, tone, background noise, quality of morse.
- Comments to assist with readability.
- Syntax checking (validation).
- Memories to store and recall commonly used syntax.
- Online Help
Morse Lesson Editor
The Morse Lesson Editor provides the capability to create and edit Keyboard, Voice and Transmit Lessons.
- Random or defined symbol generation.
- Introduction capability.
- Adjustable settings like morse speed, delay and passmark.
- Phonetic athentication for voice morse lessons.
- Online Help.
Outstation is a Voice, Morse and Flashing light communications simulation programme to enhance Radio Operating skills practiced in the classroom. OUTSTATION is the perfect companion to MRX Network Morse Trainer because it exposes students to real communications scenarios, and refines communications skills practiced in the classroom. Practice communcations security, authentication and frequency management before students are exposed to real world operations. OUTSTATION will allow you monitor and validate you students performance, to ensure that only compentent operators are trusted with your transmissions.
- Morse communications, connect a manual or iambic morse key to each computer to enable communcations.
- Voice communications between computers, a Push To Talk (PTT) microphone unit is available.
- Flashing Light communications between computers.
- Background noise and fade for Voice and Morse communications.
- Simulated frequency characteristics, stations must be on the same frequency to conduct communications.
- Simulated USB and LSB, stations must be using the same sideband in order to communicate.
- Transmit power and Signal stregth display.
- Realistic simultaneous audio reception of all stations transmitting.
45 Woodfull Loop
Gordon, ACT 2905
Phone/Fax +612 62941794
©MRX Software 2000